- The Great Rift Valley of East Africa — the birthplace of the human species — may have taken much longer to develop than previously believed.
- Top ten hominid fantasy finds: You can't predict what the next major hominid discovery will be, but you can daydream about it.
- Last Neanderthals near the Arctic Circle?
- Neanderthals are as unprepared for modernity as we are.
- Understanding H. floresiensis would revolutionise how we view human evolution, yet coming to terms with our miniature cousin is something we’ve yet to do.
- Mysterious fossils in China may be new human species.
- A genetic study unravels ancient links between African and European populations.
- Research suggests Native Americans originated from the Altay Mountains, a small mountainous region in southern Siberia.
- The first people to settle America may have come from Europe across the Arctic ice, rather than across a land bridge from Siberia to Alaska.
- The only humans left on Earth: A review of Lone Survivors: How We Came to Be the Only Humans on Earth by Chris Stringe.
- Researchers uncover 8,000 years of human history hidden in the Middle East.
More from the Magazine:
The 6th Floor Blog: Jack White’s Blue Period - A music video for “Sixteen Saltines.”