Thursday, February 12, 2009

Tommy Lee: Buddhist?

Wow, who would have thought Tommy Lee, the poster boy for decadent rock-n-roll would have gone over to the Buddhist side? I guess a few months in lock-up can do some wonders.

From Awake in This Life:

Wow. I never would have guessed that Tommy Lee would be so concerned with spiders’ rights to “rock out.” I guess incarceration was helpful.

TOMMY LEE: I practice Buddhism, and I definitely believe there’s someone higher and greater than all of us out there, you know…It was a couple of years ago. I was in jail for an entire summer, like four, five months, and I started reading a couple of books on it, and I was like, “Wow!” It’s really amazing you know. It’s good stuff.
QUESTION: So what about Buddhism have you been able to apply to your life? And what about it has really helped you?
TOMMY LEE: It’s just compassion really, more than anything. Like, if you see a little spider on the ground, you don’t smash him, you grab him and put him outside and let him go rock out. I think, it’s just compassion for everything, all things.

All things. Good. Don’t smash things. This also goes for your ex-wife, Pamela… despite her obvious, ahem, unnatural attributes. No smashing anything.

You can read the whole interview at the Suicide Girls blog.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice. looking forward to Tommy Lee's interview on Integral Naked.

but what about Kid Rock? :)

~C