Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Iraq: The Cradle of Civilization

Cool documentary for those who slept through their high school history class. Still, I like history and documentaries.

"After thousands of years as a hunter/gatherer, man built the first cities 5,000 years ago on the banks of the Euphrates in Southern Iraq. Civilization began. City life transformed the human race with the glorious cultures of Mesopotamia such as Ur, and Babylon."

PBS Documentary with Michael Wood



via videosift.com


1 comment:

Kathy Trejo said...

Hello WH

Thank you so much for sharing this..i love it so much i plan to put it on my blog too. I remember you...i found your blog from Whiskey Rivers and clicked on it. I see that you added me awhile back.. "Bamboo Shade" i deleted that one. The one i have now i plan on keeping...visit whenever you have the time.

again i thank you...your blog is wonderful as always.

Kathy