Saturday, July 22, 2006

Woo Hoo, I'm a Schizoid!

This was a rather unsettling personality test -- well, more a psychological disorders test. Okay, not really unsettling because, as a schizoid, I'm not really in touch with my feelings.



Here is the description for schizoid, for those who haven't suffered through a year of abnormal psych in college:


Schizoid Personality Disorder - individual generally detached from social relationships, and shows a narrow range of emotional expression in various social settings.
The author of the test mentions, and I tend to agree, that schizoid is a false category.


Author Note:I don't think Schizoid personality is a valid disorder (read), some of the smartest people in history were schizoid because they occupied a remote end of the intelligence bell curve. Schizotypal personality can encompass highly original thinkers as well as totally insane people so I think it's a flawed type. I think the remaining eight disorders are generally valid.
So what is your particular disorder -- let's share our neuroses.


Technorati Tags: , , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No wonder we get along so well :)

Paranoid 22%
Schizoid 82%
Schizotypal 34%
Antisocial 50%
Borderline 26%
Histrionic 22%
Narcissistic 50%
Avoidant 38%
Dependent 14%
Obsessive-Compulsive 62%