Saturday, June 03, 2006

Gratitude


[image source]

I didn't do a Tarot post today -- didn't have the focus for a major intellectual post. The cool part is that I don't feel guilty for not doing it, which is rare for me. I have a subpersonality that pushes me to be responsible and to get things done. Its voice tried to tell me that some people expect a weekly Tarot post and if I don't do it, I'll be letting them down. My observer didn't let voice run the show this time. I am grateful that I am learning to distinguish between what I want to do and what my subs try to tell me I need to do.

I am grateful that Kira and I had a fight tonight and didn't bail out on each other. Our old pattern would have been to retreat into isolation and then stay distant for a while, until things cool off. This time we hung in with the feelings and followed them to a place where they were less intense. It still sucks to fight, but that was much better than our old patterns.

I am grateful for naps. I have no idea what the hell I was thinking as a kid when I hated naps. Silly child was I.

Finally, I am grateful that Pema Chodron's words have taken up residence in my head. They come in handy sometimes.

What are you grateful for?


Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

1 comment:

martin said...

You're right not to feel guility about the Tarot post, we can wait ;) Summer's just arrived in the UK and so I have my annual battle with my super-ego/parent voice going on 'you should be outside, you should be making use of the nice weather' banging on and on. So I ask it nicely to shut-up and get on with whatever it was I was doing or not doing, inside the house or outisde.